Worldview Group Study #2 - Leader's Packet
Contains (1) Leader's DVD and (6) Participant Study #1 books.
1) The Christian Worldview of ECONOMICS
- Jesus talked much about money. Sixteen of the thirty-eight parables were concerned with how to handle money and possessions. In the Gospels, an amazing one out of ten verses (288 in all) deal directly with the subject of money. The Bible offers 500 verses on prayer, less than 500 verses on faith, but more than 2,000 verses on money and possessions - Howard Dayton, Crown Financial Ministries
- We compare and contrast the Biblically-based Free Market Enterprise system (Capitalism) with the Socialist/Marxist/Communist economic system. Does a Biblical Worldview support the idea of a National Healthcare system? What does the Bible have to say about entitlement programs and government welfare programs? Why is this so important in today's world?
2) The Christian Worldview of POLITICS
- What is the definition of Politics? Are Christians to be involved in Politics? Who in the Bible was involved in Politics? Should pastors be preaching about politics from the pulpit? Should Christians make a distinction between what is secular versus what is spiritual? Do Christians have a responsibility to vote? What is the result of Christians not participating in the political process?
The DVD is divided into 14 short videos (4-8 minutes each) with a printed study guide for each video. The estimated time for viewing a video and discussing the study questions may vary from 40-60 minutes per session (a session is one video plus the study questions). . The group can watch and discuss one or two videos per meeting, depending on how much time is allotted for discussion. The questions are design to encourage critical thinking and applying the biblical principles to everyday life in today's world.
We believe your group will be both challenged and inspired to live their lives in such a way that their families, friends, and acquaintances will be affected by their influence.
PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING