We’re Drowning in Liberal (Democrat) Media Bias
“Surveys over the past 30 years have consistently found that journalists — especially those at the highest ranks of their profession — are much more liberal than rest of America. They are more likely to vote liberal, more likely to describe themselves as liberal, and more likely to agree with the liberal position on policy matters than members of the general public.”1
This matters because when 90% of all media content delivered to the American people is based upon the anti-biblical, immoral positions of one political party, how can the entire society NOT be negatively affected?
The Media Research Center found that 94 percent of donors affiliated with five news outlets contributed to Democrats between 2008 and 2016. An analysis by MSNBC.com found that 87 percent of the 143 donors (who made contributions from 2004 through the start of the 2008 campaign) gave to Democrats or liberal causes.
“A mere 7 percent of journalists identify as Republicans, and when they do give money to political campaigns they usually donate to Democrats, lending evidence to Republican presidential candidates’ claims that they are facing a hostile audience when they deal with the press. Among Washington correspondents, the ones who dominate national political coverage, it’s even more skewed,” said Tim Groseclose, author of Left Turn: How Liberal Media Bias Distorts the American Mind. “More than 90 percent of D.C. journalists vote Democratic, with an even higher number giving to Democrats or liberal-leaning political action committees,” the author said.2
Less than 40% of the people trust the press – and that number is falling precipitously. Why?
- “Harvard study: CNN, NBC Trump coverage 93 percent negative” 3
- Harvard scholars analyzed the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post and the main newscasts (not talk shows) of CBS, CNN, Fox and NBC during Trump's initial time in office. They found that Trump absolutely dominated news coverage in the first 100 days. And then they found that news coverage was solidly negative — 80 percent negative among those outlets studied, versus 20 percent positive. The numbers for previous presidents: Barack Obama, 41 percent negative, 59 percent positive; George W. Bush, 57 percent negative, 43 percent positive; and Bill Clinton, 60 percent negative, 40 percent positive.
- "CNN and NBC's coverage was the most unrelenting — negative stories about Trump outpaced positive ones by 13-to-1 on the two networks," the study noted. "Trump's coverage during his first 100 days set a new standard for negativity."
- “A broadcast tradition: 90% of Trump coverage remains negative, study finds” 4
Two Points to Note:
The media's attacks on Trump were more an attack against the values of those who voted for him
The war on Christian values has been intensifying since the ‘60s (see below).
This is Not a New Phenomenon
- 81 percent of the journalists interviewed voted for the Democratic presidential candidate in every election between 1964 and 1976.
- Over the 16-year period, the Republican candidate always received less than 20 percent of the media elite’s vote.
- “Fifty-six percent said the people they worked with were mostly on the left, and only 8 percent on the right — a margin of seven-to-one.”5
1 Media Research Council, MRC, 2020
2 The Washington Times
3 The Washington Examiner, 5/17
4 Washington Times, 1/2019
5 Source: MRC
Is it any wonder so-called journalists report and vote the way they do being products of government run schools which are nothing more than communist/Marxist/atheist mills pumping out radical communist activists and coming from dysfunctional homes.