Many Christians are extremely concerned about the onslaught of hateful, divisive, and threatening ideas coming from the Critical Race Theory movement, which is attacking their children in schools, or themselves in their workplaces. “What can we do to stop it?”, they ask.
We have prepared a concise bullet-point document for confronting and educating friends, city councils, school boards, pastors, and discussion groups on the purposes and dangers of Critical Race Theory. A few points need to be understood first before we get into it.
Christianity is unique among all other religions, worldviews, or ideologies because it holds to two major principles:
- Sin is manifestly present in all humanity
- Redemption is available for all humanity
This is precisely why Christianity is the end-target of the Master of Deception and all those who are blinded by his lies, and why it is critical that Christians are equipped to speak up! CRT believes in neither of those two fundamental principles. Without Christians holding high the light of God’s Truth in the midst of a deceived world, those in it will be smothered by the darkness.
The leaders behind the scenes of the CRT movement (all are devout Marxists) state that it’s not enough simply to believe in the purposes of their activism, i.e., To overthrow Christianity and America along with its Judeo-Christian ideas of free-market capitalism, hard work, personal responsibility, etc. But the activist must get involved with others in the process. In other words, simply believing in the ideas isn’t enough. You’ve got to put your own muscle into it. Reading a recipe to bake a cake without ever entering the kitchen accomplishes nothing.
However, consider that the same principle holds true for being a Christian. James says, “But someone will say, ‘You have faith; I have deeds.’ Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.” (James 2:18) And Jesus said, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.” In other words, we’ve made a commitment to follow Jesus, which means we do as He did – and He courageously spoke the truth in the face of opposition.
CRT and Christianity have opposing views in this war of ideas. if one side or the other neglects to step onto the battleground, the side that proves its commitment by going to battle will win.
Everywhere across America, … Mothers, Fathers, and friends are crying out for help, asking:
“How can I speak to others about this (CRT) subject? I’m not a professional. I’m not an expert. I just know this stuff is being crammed into my children’s school and every part of my life. I see the effects, and I can’t stand by and watch it continue without speaking up. What do I say?”
Below are two examples of what you could read word-for-word to 1) City counsels or school boards and 2) Church leaders, small groups, or your friends. Copy them and give them out as you wish or email them to anyone and everyone whom you think might benefit from these fact-sheets.
What to Say When Addressing City Councils or School Boards
- PREFACE: At the start, let it be abundantly clear that I and all who support what I will be saying below, decry racism in any form. We define racism as an unbiblical and illogical term that deceptively seeks to divide the human race – a single race of human beings – into groups at war with one other. We are all of the same blood, created by the same Maker. We are designed by our creator as unique individuals, each made in the image of God. That means we are all endowed with – as the Declaration of Independence states – certain inalienable rights, such as life, liberty, and the pursuit of our happiness. As such, it is because we live in America, unlike anywhere else in the world, that those rights may not be infringed upon, suppressed, or taken from us by any man or group. We acknowledge and believe wholeheartedly that these rights apply equally to all American citizens of all shades of color, ethnicity, cultural heritage, sex, size, faith, or income status. We are all Americans!
- Lastly, before I speak on CRT, let it be clear that we recognize that America isn’t perfect. It never has been, and it never will be. A perfect world will never be made by man on this planet. But we Americans as a people have taken significant steps and shed more blood than any nation in history in our attempts to overcome our past failures; and we have come a long way from the two-class-only, rich-or-poor, impoverished lifestyles of the nations our ancestors fled from, and we’re not finished yet.
THE KEY POINT: Critical Race Theory (CRT) is an Existential Threat to America, Freedom, Justice, and Peace.
- Critical Race Theory (CRT) is an existential threat to America because America was built upon the principle that “All men are created equal”. Equality in this context means equality of opportunity – not equal outcomes (which is what equity means and which is the root of Marxism and Communism).
- Critical Race Theory (CRT) is an existential threat to Freedom because Freedom is destroyed when race-based “equity” is forced upon us. The claim that some are oppressors, and some are the oppressed forces the loss of freedom for all and breeds contention, which leads to bondage.
- Critical Race Theory (CRT) is an existential threat to Justice because the scales of Justice are radically tilted by the unequal enforcement of laws. We are witnessing preferred treatment for the unjust by the wholesale allowance of rioting, theft, personal violence against those labeled as “oppressors”, and the firing or otherwise “cancelling” of them with no attempt by the law to prosecute the offenders, leaving us in a state of lawlessness and injustice.
- Critical Race Theory (CRT) is an existential threat to Peace because without the enforcement of laws to protect the people, peace is cancelled and chaos reigns.
- America is a country where millions have fled to escape the tyranny of dictators and kings BECAUSE America has no supreme dictator or king. America is ruled by a contract between the people and those who we elect to represent us in our government, and that contract, or covenant is the Constitution and Bill of Rights of the U.S… It is the Law of the land, and it is being blatantly violated daily by the divisive, hateful, racist ideology of CRT, enabled by our government and state-run institutions.
- The activists of CRT are Marxist in every way, and they state so by their own words. They seek to destroy the nuclear family, break down society, and stoke the flames of revolution to topple the government of America. Pushing to incite racial division is simply a means to an end.
- Thus, any government official or employee (whether employed by our military, state-education system, government-funded or supported colleges and universities) that refuses to stand against this anti-Constitutional ideology in our state institutions is effectively committing treason by violating the foundational precepts of the laws of this nation. The promotion of CRT by those on the payroll of the government are displaying adherence to our enemies by joining in their schemes.
- The fundamental role and responsibility of any government is to protect the people from evil, enforce the laws of the country, and promote righteousness. When our own government promotes CRT, they are derelict in their duty in all three areas and deserve to be removed from office, never to employed by our government again.
What to Say When Addressing Pastors, Elder Boards, Small Groups
Before speaking on the area of my main concern, let be state clearly that I believe Scripture is to be our guide in everything. It is to be paramount over all our decisions and activity, and in all our lives. And according to the Bible, there are no closet doors that we intentionally never open. Our Lord has called us to shine His light of truth into every dark closet in this world to make the darkness flee. Our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against ideas that proceed from the pit of Hell, and our job is to demolish those ideas and fill those closets with the Light and Truth of the Word of God.
“For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,” (2 Cor. 10:4-5)
“Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me. If I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand.” (Ezek. 3:17-18)
“You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet. “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven”. (Matt. 5:13-16)
According to these verses and many similar ones, we are born-again into a war-zone and we must now become equipped (and equip others) to do battle against evil in this world, and in the process we will become a part of God’s means for saving souls. To refuse to engage in this battle violates the explicit commands listed above. (Ask: Do you see any fault in this reasoning?)
With that stated, there are undoubtedly many evil ideas attacking the Church and the American family: abortion, homosexuality, same sex marriage, transgenderism, rampant propagandizing against Christian and American values, etc. But there is one dominant issue today - Critical Race Theory - which aims to not only destroy America, but the Christian Church. I believe the attack is aimed first at the Christian Church because if the Church falls, every other part of the culture will collapse.
Here are the facts:
- CRT promotes the hyper-racialization of society. It promotes racial stereotypes and teaches that the way people think and act is tied to their skin color.
- It sows hatred, division and resentment across ethnic groups, income groups, males vs. females, and more.
- It undermines the legal principles which made America the most Christian nation in history.
- It advocates policies that absolutely harm minority communities. And it shuts down any debate on issues of race, claiming debate itself is further evidence of “white supremacy.”
- In short, it is the antithesis of everything the Bible, the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence represent; and seeks to undo everything the Civil War and the Civil Rights Movement fought to achieve.
The activists of CRT are Marxist in every way, and they state so by their own words.
- They seek to destroy the nuclear family
- They seek to break down society, stoke the flames of revolution, and topple the government of America. Thus, the CRT activists push to incite racial division as a means to that end.
- They have successfully gained nearly unfettered access to poison our children’s minds through the universities and K-12 state education system
THE KEY POINT: Critical Race Theory (CRT) is an Existential Threat to the Church, the Family, and the Individual, from the youngest to the oldest.
1. Critical Race Theory (CRT) is an existential threat to the Church because by embracing its fundamental tenets we are required to deny ours. Scripture speaks clearly on the issue of promoting any race or ethnicity against others:
- “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus”. Gal. 3:28
- “…there is not Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free; but Christ is all, and in all.” Col. 3:11
- “The rich and the poor have this in common, the Lord is the maker of them all.” Prov. 22:2
- “Therefore, if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord and of one mind.” Phil. 2:1-2
2. Critical Race Theory (CRT) is an existential threat to the Family because the stated goal of those who lead this movement is to eradicate the nuclear family, which is the foundation of all society according to the Bible
- “Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.” Gen. 2:24
- ““Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the LORD your God is giving you.” Ex. 20:12
- Hear, my son, your father’s instruction, and forsake not your mother’s teaching, for they are a graceful garland for your head and pendants for your neck.” 1:8-9
- “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.” Psalm 127:3-5“
- "You shall teach [my words] to your children, talking of them when you are sitting in your house." Deut. 11:19, etc.
3. Critical Race Theory (CRT) is an existential threat to the Individual because Christianity promotes personal responsibility and individual accountability. CRT requires certain “oppressors” to answer to the “oppressed” for the actions of their ancestors and for their own supposed innate, undeniable, and unchangeable actions of “racism” and “privilege”. Repentance and forgiveness are not present in CRT theology.
In Christianity, unlike any other worldview or religion, our God requires all mankind to independently answer to God for his or her words and actions. We have all been given gifts according to God’s plan for us and we will be held accountable for how we put those gifts to use. To blame others for our failures promises consequences.
- The Parable of the Talents concludes with the frightening condemnation: “For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Matt. 25:14-30)
- “Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin. Deut. 24:6
- For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil. (2 Cor. 5:10)
- The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself. (Ezekiel 18:20)
- Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” (Rom. 12:19)
- If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9)