What’s REALLY Going On, and What We Can Do About It
First it was Russia-Gate, then the Kavanaugh lynching, then Ukraine-Gate, then impeachment, then Covid-19, now race-rioting, rebellion-supporting, history-destroying, white-guilt promoting, societal hate-mongering. The Christian asks, “when’s this going to stop?” The answer, “It won’t – not until Trump and all those who voted for him are put back where they belong.” The Christian asks, “What do you mean?” The answer, “All who believe in a nation of laws and borders, traditional marriage, small government, traditional (biblical) values, freedom of religion, speech, press, and assembly, separation of state from church but not the converse, the Constitution, and the remainder of the Bill of Rights… these are the target of the radical Left.”
The Christian asks, “Who’s responsible for this war against us?” The answer, “The enemy of our souls in coordination with those who have outright rejected God and those who are enslaved by ignorance and their own sin nature.”
The Christian then asks, “What can we do about it?” Answer, “A number of things…”
- Primarily, acknowledge once and for all that you’ve been Born-again into a battleground, not a playground; and that the battle is over ideas. Here are some examples
- We fight for what is true, righteous, and just according to the word of God
And we fight against…
- The unbridled agenda of the enemy: Reject the God of the Bible; turn the Supreme Court all the way to the Left; muzzle the 1st and 2nd Amendments; close church doors - permanently; promote limitless transgenderism and sexual sin; remove all limits on abortions; open our borders; close all school-choice-options, including homeschooling; implement socialism along with every imaginable social justice “reform”; and more.
This is a battle, and God expects the Church (that’s all of us) to speak truth and bring light to our neighbors all around
- Remember that “we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places” (Ephesians 6:12).
- Remember that you are saved. You need not fear man if you fear God, because “greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.”
- Remember that your purpose now is to bring light, truth, and compassion into a dark, deceitful, and callous world. So, become equipped with the truth, put on your heavenly armor, and step towards the battle.
- Remember that you’re not in this fight alone. We’re all part of a team, a holy brigade, the army of the Lord, the Body of Christ - and in the end, our side wins. As such, seek out others who believe the same and join hands.
- Remember also that each of us has a job to do which other members of the Body are relying upon. All hands must be on deck, prepared, and ready to move forward.
- Remember/Make sure to vote. Don’t support those who are pouring gasoline on the fire. Anyone who promotes racism against any ethnic group is stoking the fires of hell. Vote for those who are pro-life, pro-faith, pro-freedom of religion. In short, vote for the person or the party that supports biblical values.
- Remember to look at each issue we’re facing today and dig into the Scriptures to find the source of the problem. It will lead to a plan for a cure.
The Christians ask, “Who will lead us in this battle?” Answer, “The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit followed (hopefully) in step by the leaders in the Church who have humbled themselves before God and pledged their uncompromising commitment to lead the charge in this battle of ideas.
They will ensure that you are equipped to handle the weapons of your warfare with competence and confidence. They will teach you how to combine your strength with others’ weaknesses and your weakness with others’ strengths, creating an unbreakable shield of faith which, when joined with others, will create an impenetrable safeguard that the arrows of the enemy cannot pierce.
Our call is to STAND!
STAND in the truth of the Gospel. STAND firm on the Truth that sets the captives free, heals the sick, opens the eyes of the blind and the ears of the deaf. The Truth which, when wielded in a spirit of grace and humility, will raise the dead and bring dry bones to life. Seek out the biblical Truth behind every issue like fine treasure. It’s there to be found.
If you’re looking for purpose at a time such as this, enlist in the army and “Be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might!” (Ephesians 6:10) “Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness; and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance,” …praying always for yourself and for all the saints (Ephesians 6:14-18).
Don’t be content to wait for the Lord to fight the battles for us. God uses means. He uses those who say, “Here am I, send me”. Step into the battle and He’ll do the rest (2 Chronicles 20).
I’ll close with this POWERFUL example of a true story passed on to me in an email sent by a pastor of 47 years in California, Ron Keller.
Kaj Munk, a Danish pastor, was the spiritual force behind the resistance to Hitler at the time of the Nazi occupation of Holland. In January 1944, the Nazis captured him and shot him like a dog in a field nearby his church. But the life and death of this pastor so inspired other pastors and the Danish people to continue their struggle for freedom in Holland. The reason for the Nazis killing Pastor Munk was a letter he had written to his fellow pastors, calling for the Church to resist the Nazis and fight for your freedom to preach the gospel and the overthrow of the Nazi regime.
Pastor Munk wrote:
“Dear fellow pastors,
What is the task of a preacher today? Shall I answer: faith, hope, and love? That sounds beautiful. But I would say courage. No, even that is not strong enough to be the whole truth. Our task today is recklessness. For what we as Christians lack most assuredly is not psychology or literature. We lack a holy rage.
“A holy rage! The recklessness which comes from the knowledge of God and humanity. The ability to rage when justice lies prostrate on the streets and when lies rage across the face of the earth.
“A holy anger about things that are wrong in the world. To rage against the destruction of God’s world. To rage when little children must die of hunger while the tables of the rich are sagging with food. To rage at the senseless killing of so many. To rage against complacency. To restlessly seek that restlessness, that will be a challenge, and to seek to change human history until it conforms to the norms of the kingdom of God. And remember, the signs of the Christian Church have always been the lion, the lamb, the dove, and the fish. But never the chameleon.”
Maybe it's time for the Church to be the lion and demonstrate a holy rage at what is happening in our nation. The Church, though Jesus Christ alone has the solution to our problems, if we only have pastors courageous enough to preach about the sins of our culture and parishioners who are bold enough to confront this culture with the hope of the gospel. That is you and me! Amen!
Thank you for this exhortation. I could not agree more. It it heartbreaking how largely passive the church in America is being even during these imperative times to engage. The enemy is active and will continue to gain ground as long as God’s people fail to not only defend but take ground for the kingdom of God. Praying for revival across our land and world!